It is clear to you that you made the wrong decision, acted wrongly, or used the wrong words. Searching for quotes to help you express how you feel? Here are the top 30 I’m sorry quotes that really work.
You could either send a handwritten letter, text message, or messages along with a photo slideshow.
Be sure not to copy and paste these quotes and sent to him. Use them as guidelines or tips to customizing your own quotes.
- I know you want a breakup, I know you are tired of me. But I will not relent until, my true love you finally see. I know you want to be apart, I know you are sick of the fights. But my hugs and kisses won’t stop, I will keep loving you with all my might. I am sorry.
- Breaking up with you is something that I never imagined even in my wildest dreams. But you are adamant on splitting up, it seems. I don’t expect you to take me back but I beg you to give this mess some time. Let me win your heart again to show you that I am yours and you are mine. I am sorry.
- If you can’t see the tears in my eyes, I plead you to feel the pain in my heart. I inadvertently made a few mistakes along the way, but love is all I have had for you from the very start. I am sorry.
- I am so sorry for doubting my boyfriend for cheating on me. But the problem is that he is hotter than fire and sweeter than honey. When other girls swoon over him I am swamped with jealousy. But now I promise that extremely possessive, I will never be.
- “The words are all gone, the time’s been too long but it’s not too late to say I’m sorry to a friend” – Mccain Edwin
- “Words will not be able to ever express how sorry I am for this, and I have profound regret and sorrow for the multitude of mistakes and harm I have caused.” – Jack Abramoff
- “Felt ashamed for what I had done. I don’t have any excuses. I did what I did. I take full responsibility for myself and my actions. I wouldn’t pawn this off on anybody. I’m sorry it happened. And I hurt people.” – Louie Anderson
- I remember, you once said that you would do anything for me. All I am asking today from you is to accept my apology. I made a mistake but I promise I didn’t mean to, there is no one else I love but you. I am sorry.
- “It’s getting to the point where I am no fun anymore, I am sorry. Sometimes it hurts so badly I must cry out loud, ‘ I am lonely.’ I am yours, you are mine, you are what you are, you make it hard.” – David Crosby
- “The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naïve forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”- Thomas Szasz
- “The things two people do to each other they remember. If they stay together, it’s not because they forget; it’s because they forgive.” – Demi Moore in Indecent Proposal
- “It is important to me that everybody who has been hurt know that the sorrow I feel is genuine: First and most important, my family; also my friends, my staff, my Cabinet, Monica Lewinsky and her family, and the American people. I have asked all for their forgiveness.” – Bill Clinton, in his speech after the Monica Lewinsky affair
- I know I hurt your ego when I spoke in rudely and showered you with insults. But I will do everything to make this mess less difficult. I plead you to just sit down with me and listen to my apology. I am sure that once you see how remorseful I am, you will hug me tightly. I am sorry.
- Take me back in your arms, hold me close tightly. Feel my heavy breath, as I tender my apology. Hold my hands, nervous and sweaty. Look into my eyes as I say sorry. Give me a hug, give me a kiss. Let’s again embrace, our love’s bliss.
- Ever since we started dating you have done everything I asked you to. As one last favor, please forgive me so that I can start doing everything that you want me to. I am sorry.
- “I do not plan in any way to whitewash my sin. I do not call it a mistake, a mendacity; I call it sin. I would much rather, if possible — and in my estimation it would not be possible — to make it worse than less than it actually is. I have no one but myself to blame. I do not lay the fault or the blame of the charge at anyone else’s feet. For no one is to blame but Jimmy Swaggart. I take the responsibility. I take the blame. I take the fault.” – Jimmy Swaggart
- Saying that I will never fight with you again would be a false promise. But I assure you that I will never make you sad by being so remiss. Please forgive me and accept my apology, I love you more than anything else baby. I am sorry.
- “You’re my backbone. You’re a blessing. You’re a piece of my heart. You’re the air I breathe. And you’re the strongest person I know, and I’m so sorry for having to put you through this and having to put our family through this.” – Kobe Bryant
- “You know, I’m really busted up over this and I’m very, very sorry to those people in the audience, the blacks, the Hispanics, whites — everyone that was there that took the brunt of that anger andhate and rage and how it came through, and I’m concerned about more hate and more rage and more anger coming through, not just towards me but towards a black/white conflict.” – Michael Richards, on his racist remarks
- I am sorry, and I am waiting to rest my head on your strong shoulders again. I am sorry, and I am waiting to be hugged by your caring arms again. I am sorry, and I am waiting to be kissed by your tender lips again. I am sorry, and I am waiting to be loved by your beautiful soul again. I am sorry.
- “I have made terrible mistakes that have hurt the people that I cared about the most, and I am terribly sorry. I am deeply ashamed of my terrible judgment and my actions.” – Anthony Weiner
- If you can’t get yourself to give me another chance, at least share with me one last dance. Hold me by my waist, sway away with me. Feel my heart’s pain, feel my soul’s agony. I want to say sorry for what I have done, and remind you that you are my only one.
- “I sit on a man’s back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means – except by getting off his back.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “I recognize that by saying that I’m deeply sorry, it might not be enough and sufficient to address the pain and the hurt that I have caused you. Therefore, I want to ask for your forgiveness for my actions, and I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.” – Marion Jones, after the steroids case.
- “I want to say to each of you, simply, and directly, I am deeply sorry for my irresponsible and selfish behavior I engaged in.” – Tiger Woods
- “If I have any regrets, I could say that I’m sorry I wasn’t a better writer or a better singer.” – Patti Smith
This can go by rephrasing as ‘I could say that I’m sorry I wasn’t a better lover or a better girlfriend’.
- ”I am so sorry. I am sorry for the disappointment, the betrayal, and the hurt. I am sorry for the horrible example I have set for you… But I alone am responsible for the confusion caused by my inconsistent statements. The fact is, I am guilty of sexual immorality, and I take responsibility for the entire problem. I am a deceiver and a liar. There is a part of my life that is so repulsive and dark that I’ve been warring against it all of my adult life.” – Rev. Ted Haggard, in his sexual immorality letter.
- I am sorry for going through your Facebook, emails and all the text messages on your cell phone. But jealousy and possessiveness put me in a very nasty zone. In my defense, what can I do if I have the most handsome guy as my boyfriend – how do you expect this jealousy to ever end? I am sorry.
- There are a lot of things that makes me miss you. Your warm embrace, your loving kissing, your gentle touch, happy moments that I’ll forever cherish, please tell me you forgive me coz I miss you so much! I’m so sorry. Please let’s try again.
- ”I ask the people of Connecticut for their forgiveness, I should have paid more attention to people around me and people that I trusted but I am sorry for my actions and take full responsibility.” – John Rowland
Thanks Quotes123 for providing most of the quotes for this article.
Are there other quotes that you feel should be on this list? Feel free to add them in the comment box below.